We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In about three weeks the shutdown should come to an end even though the virus won’t be defeated. Some politicians and certainly most MSM outlets will probably moan, groan, and criticize about it being too early. Unfortunately, the politicians and reporters that complain have no grasp of the true cost of the shutdowns, or they’re playing politics, or both.
In over too many decades of watching politicians, I’ve concluded that most of them are better political hacks than they are leaders in a dynamic society. On top of that many are challenged when it comes to economics and business. You know the ones, they set up perks for themselves that exceed anything the rest of us can afford who slug it out in the “free” market. They vote themselves steady paychecks, generous retirements, expensive healthcare, large well-paid staffs, gyms, and much, much more. Then they can’t pass any legislation unless it’s loaded with pork for their district and/or friends. They are the pigs in “Animal Farm.”
Unfortunately, restarting the economy is not the end of the COVID-19 war. That’s why building personal immunity is the most important step every individual must focus on now. Natural immunity is everyone’s primary defense and will be for at least another 12 months. Of course food plays the most important roll in autoimmune diseases and below I’ll point out the best nutritional characteristics for arresting autoimmune disease. This is important because no matter what happens in the next 12 months people will continue to die of the COVID-19 virus. At the same time way more people will continue to die of other causes which are mostly chronic diseases caused by their faulty diets. People are not dying because of their ethnicity, age, or low incomes. It’s what they choose to stick in their mouths that kills them.
Restarting the economy is critically important. The nation’s economic collapse is overshadowing COVID-19 deaths by a wide margin! In just the past three weeks more than 16.8 million people saw their livelihoods disappear and many of those positions won’t come back quickly. That’s about 1,000 jobs lost in three weeks for every COVID-19 death this year. In response to job loses burglaries are up significantly. People are stressed out. Home violence is up sharply.
Because the virus will still be with us for many months to come, some manner of distancing and more stringent hygiene will certainly continue. Similar to a Pavlov's dog experiment people have been conditioned to fear the virus more than anything else on Earth. Therefore it will be many months, if not several years, before everyone starts feeling safe again. Many people won’t want to pack into tight quarters anytime soon. What will that mean to airlines, sports franchises, restaurants, movies, churches, and other forms of mass gatherings?1
The decision to get back to work with the virus still out there will be based on several factors.
● The shutdown is way too expensive for the small number of COVID-19 deaths.
● The increasing rate of COVID-19 deaths is starting to slow down.
● There’s more protective gear and tests available for hospitals.
● The antimalarial drugs (hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate) for malaria and lupus actually do work and are saving lives. They will be replacing ventilators that rarely save lives.2
● The development of convalescent plasma may become a useful cure.3
● Scientists are closer to a vaccine.
● Testing for the virus will be more widespread and results will be much faster.
● Continued isolation will focus on infected people and those most vulnerable.
But guess what won’t be emphasized for improving our odds of living with the virus in our midst? You’ve got it. There will be little to no emphasis on how diet impacts the immune system and how critical the immune system is for keeping us healthy. We’ll continue to hear how diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, obesity, lupus, cancer, and all the other chronic diseases are caused by old age, being poor, genetics, and other nonsensical reasons. Amazingly, there are thousands upon thousands of anecdotal reports that indicate all those diseases and many more are diet related autoimmune diseases. Change the diet and those diseases can be suppressed. For instance, diabetes can be subdued in a couple of weeks or less.4
Instead of hearing about which foods are best and why they are best, you’ll soon hear a lot about supporting your local restaurants which specialize in the SAD diet. You know what that is, it’s the Standard American Diet pushed by the USDA, medical community, MSM, the school systems, and politicians. Yes, that diet, which we’ve been trained like Pavlov’s dogs to lap up for our health, is why the overall health of Americans and many people around the world has been on the decline for more than 70 years.
A hundred years ago people ate far less processed food. They had gardens which mainly grew vegetables rather than grain, nuts, and seeds. People ate all kinds of green leafy vegetables plus the many other healthy vegetables. They went fishing more often. Most of their meats were grass-fed. Pigs grazed in pastures and were often fed leftover food that people didn’t eat. Even the chickens roamed about and mostly fended for themselves by eating bugs, small reptiles, grass, mice, and whatever they could find. (Chickens are like small dinosaurs.)
So this brings us up to date where we mainly purchase our food rather than raise it. Therefore it’s mandatory that we know how to best determine which foods, of the many tens of thousands of offerings, are best for improving immunity. Here’s how:
● Print out the entire PDF document of my “Food Analysis Tables.”5
● Be mindful that every individual food selection is a different combination of powerful chemicals.
● The natural chemicals making up any food impacts body function with some being good and some not so good.
● There is a very specific balance of nutrients that human bodies require. It models after the green leaf.6
● Our bodies will synthesize and regulate some nutrients.
● Some nutrients are essential, we get them exclusively from our food as is.
● It’s easy to get some essential nutrients out of balance.
● Pick foods with high Nutrient Loads.
● Pick foods with low Glycemic Indexes and/or low Glycemic Loads.
● Select Low Carb foods.
● Select foods low in sugar.
● Select foods with very low Omega-6 loads or those with very low ratios of Omega-6 to Omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs). I prefer those that are 2:1 or less. Some foods have high ratios but very little fat by weight which means they have little impact on your body’s EFA ratio. Some selections, such as walnuts, have relatively low ratios but extremely high levels of Omega-6 EFAs which create a large Omega-3 deficit.7
● For optimal immune system function the EFA ratio should be 2:1 or less.8
● Monitor your own EFA ratio with the self administered Omega-3 Test.9
● It takes about ten weeks to lower a dangerously high 17:1 ratio to 5:1.10
● Lowering the ratio is helped immensely if one takes a tablespoon of quality fish oil daily.
Having a strong immune system doesn’t mean you can’t catch the COVID-19 virus. What it does mean is that it might only be a glancing blow if it happens. It’s when people have diabetes, heart conditions, asthma, are obese, and have other chronic conditions that they are highly vulnerable to dying from not only their current diseases, but from the flu and COVID-19 too. A proper diet can minimize all those disease risks. That’s why eating properly is a matter of life over death while positively impacting one’s long-term quality of life.
So, what’s your take on the light at the end of the tunnel? Is it a train or an even healthier life?
To your health.
Ted Slanker has been reporting on the fundamentals of nutritional research in publications, television and radio appearances, and at conferences since 1999. He condenses complex studies into the basics required for health and well-being. His eBook, The Real Diet of Man, is available online.
Don’t miss these links for additional reading:
1. More Than 16 Million Americans Filed for Unemployment the Past Three Weeks by Andrew Soergel from US News
3. Michigan Democratic Lawmaker Says Hydroxychloroquine Saved Her Life by Amanda Woods from NY Post
4. Conquering Diabetes by Ted Slanker
5. New Food Analysis Tables by Ted Slanker
6. Man Is an Extension of the Leafy, Green Plant by Ted Slanker
8. The Importance of the Omega-6/Omega-3 Fatty Acid Ratio in Cardiovascular Disease and Other Chronic Diseases by A. P. Simopoulos, PhD
9. Omega 3 Test use slanker as an offer code and save
10. How Fast Can the EFA Ratio Change? by Ted Slanker