• Frequently Asked Questions •
There are many myths circulating in the nutrition field. As a result most of the people who are trying to improve their health and well-being have been indoctrinated by one or more myths. If we used the feel-good myths as sales pitches, we could sell more meat. Instead, we tell it like it is based on proven science and let the chips fall where they may.
We have always been science buffs and have spent decades consulting with professionals and reading their leading edge research. This is why we are so focused on food chemistry because that is biggest cause of chronic diseases.
There are some in-depth answers to questions in the panel on the left. There are also many facts presented in our Education section. We have many essays in the blog section and elsewhere on the site. Go to your favorite search engine and type in a topic along with slanker and you will find scores of articles. Also try our website's search engine.
Here are some basic Q&As.
- How much does shipping cost? It's free. See HERE.
- Where do you ship? All 50 states. See HERE.
- Can I earn discounts on larger orders? Yes, big ones. See HERE.
- Are the grass-fed meats from SGFM grass-finished? Yes. For more in-depth information about the products in each section click the Learn More tab in the large image for the section.
- Do you have a newsletter? Yes. Every Friday and it has a an article, restock notices, and quite often it lists Specials. Sign up HERE.
- Are the products organic? They are Beyond Organic. We say that because organic never indicates a food product is safer or more nutritious. For more about the actual science about Beyond Organic go to the Organic link in the left-hand panel.
- What do you mean by Omega-3 meats? Our Slanker Select Omega-3 meats have Omega-6 to Omega-3 essential fatty acid (EFA) ratios of 2:1 or less. That actually means something in nutrition. All of our competitors that sell poultry and pork gloss over this most important fact with nice sounding labels that only give people the impression of a healthier meat. Often their meats have the same EFA ratios as the meats offered by Walmart.
- Will SGFM grass-fed meats taste like regular meats from the grocery store? Only sometimes. Fat profiles have a big impact on flavors. Check out the Flavor link in the left-hand column.
- Do you ship frozen meat in the summer? Yes, we've been doing it since 2001 even to the desert southwest. See Shipping Information.
- Are the animals raised humanly? Yes. Check out the Animal Husbandry link in the left hand column.
- What is the best way to shop SGFM? Please go to Shopping Directions.